Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Cosmo

I got a Cosmo magazine this weekend...why I don't know. I just read it and think "what the hell???" Here are some things that bother me about it:
  1. The Cosmo girl is a myth. The hair, the breasts, the perfect skin...there are maybe 10 women that really look like that. The rest is air brushing, hair extensions, and plastic surgery. So stop trying to make us think that's how we should look!
  2. There aren't THAT many sexual positions. Really.
  3. The grocery store is NOT a good place to meet men! Unless you're looking for a married one, I guess. Single men aren't in there long enough for you to find them, as they only go in for beer, deodorant, and chips.
  4. If their "Confessions" feature is to be believed, people are having sex in closets, airplane bathrooms, with their girlfriend's/boyfriend's best friend/sibling, or at the gym like mad. If that many people are doing this, wouldn't I have noticed by now?
  5. The "Guy Without a Shirt" feature....a little hair on a chest isn't a bad thing, is it? Chests that bare are not natural if a man is over 16 and/or straight.
  6. You can run an article about hair removal every single summer and it still won't convince me I need to get a bikini wax. Ouch.
I know I'm not really in the Cosmo demographic. I'm ok with that.

2 comments:

Jill said...

#1, 2, 4 are exactly what turned me off from Cosmo years ago. I swear they run the same articles with different, people/positions/names/places.

So I'm with you in not being cosmo-qualified. I'm ok with that too.

Lisa said...

LOL thats a riot. you should be the bitter cosmo columnist!