Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday rants

  1. Graham cracker packaging. WTF? It's impossible to get into the damn things without breaking half of them and/or covering your kitchen with crumbs. There has to be a better way.
  2. The post office. Why could I get my People on Friday in Michigan, but not in North Carolina? I know it's not "late", but I'm used to getting my useless news on FRIDAY, and Saturday, or Monday, or even Tuesday is just not acceptable to me.
  3. People that think way ahead. I went to the movie store this morning, hoping to avoid the weekend rush and secure a copy of Curious George for the kids to watch. First of all, they only had 8 copies, and secondly, they were ALL GONE. Gone!
  4. The movie store. Not just for only having 8 copies of a new kid's release, but for their bullshit "two day rental." I got a movie at 11:30, and it has to be back by noon tomorrow. That is precisely 24.5 hours. NOT two days. I don't CARE if those 24.5 hours are in two separate days. It's NOT two days.
  5. Stupid NickJr. If you're going to have a new episode of a show for the first time in forever, why the hell are you advertising it for a month beforehand? KIDS DON'T GET IT WHEN YOU SAY "OCTOBER 9." They want to see the Backyardigans in the rocket ship like yesterday. I don't know what purpose this early advertising serves, except to make parents insane.
  6. Kids's networks in general. Get with the program. REAL TV shows have a whole season of new shows, and then they take a break in the summer and show reruns. This new show every 6 months is annoying, and yet you advertise it like we should throw a damn party. MAKE MORE NEW SHOWS. (no I don't let my kids watch tv all the time, BUT there are certain shows they like, but they are always reruns. Not that they really care.)
  7. This TJ Maxx. Now, I LOVE the Maxx. But I hate how the aisles are so narrow and stuffed with crap that you can't get a cart down them. Why have carts if I can't fit them down the aisles? I mean, I know the place is just chock full of super bargains, but get somebody to organize your layout or something, people.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

People that think way ahead. I went to the movie store this morning, hoping to avoid the weekend rush and secure a copy of Curious George for the kids to watch. First of all, they only had 8 copies, and secondly, they were ALL GONE. Gone!

Arent you one of these people.... lol

Tracey said...

no, not WAY ahead...just a little teeny bit ahead. That should have been enough! :)

Lisa said...

i second ALLLL OF THOSE SISTA!!!!! i especially laughed at the backyardagins advertized for OCT 9th. this is true... they are 4 - they have no day planners yet. and the MAXX.... its a tad UNfriendly to the shoppers.

Jill said...

Here, here! I've always hated that about movie stores - the timing of returns. So stupid!

Leslie said...

Do you guys have a Hollywood Video? They are 5 day rentals. We would never rent movies if we had to return them that quickly! That sucks!