Friday, February 26, 2010

Family "Fun" Night

I'm sure everyone has some version of this at their school. It's evil. Awful. NOT FUN! Last year, they caught me off guard since it was our first year, and called me at home and asked me if I would volunteer for a booth. Since I'm not good at saying no, I said I would. So that's how I ended up in the school with 1/2 million other people, in charge of a game where the kids had to smash a rubber mallet down on a device that would then fling a stuffed frog towards a bucket-if they got it in they'd get a prize. And the lady I was with took it, like, SUPER serious. It would have been bearable if she had not been Super Family Fun Night Mom, but as it was, I was stuck for 1/2 hour (or was it an hour? or was it three days?). By the time I was done, my own kids had already been through all the games, so there was no "family" about it for me.

So this year, somebody called me again. Luckily I wasn't by my phone, so I didn't have to worry about it. I have NO problem not calling somebody back. I don't care if it helps the school, I am not doing it! I don't even want to go! Can I just send a check for the ten bucks we'd spend? I know, I know, I'm a bad mom. Oh well.

No comments: