Monday, May 31, 2010

Romeo, Romeo


Above and below-11 weeks old

I know this is super old news, but here's the story of our puppy...I had been wanting a dog for a while (which surprised people, but I don't know why. I love dogs! I just knew that I wasn't ready for one till now!), so I dragged Chappie to the pet expo in Grand Rapids even though he said, "we are NOT getting a dog!" We headed for the adoption area and I was thinking we wouldn't find one anyway, because most of the dogs there were older. Then at the back of the room we saw two little puppies sitting there. They both had black spots, but the one we liked had some brown on his face and ears. Chappie picked him up and it was all over-he wouldn't put him down till he was officially ours because he didn't want anyone else to get him.
Seth came up with the name-they were just trying to think of storybook/movie names and he thought of Romeo because of the movie Hotel for Dogs, but it fits because he has a big heart shaped spot on his back and he's a total lover. Especially of little kids. It's hard for him to contain his excitement sometimes.



16 weeks old
He's a really good dog-very smart and listens pretty well for a puppy. The vet said he thought he might get to be 60 lbs. He's a "shepherd mix," mixed with what, we don't know. When we first got him, as you can see, his ears stuck out, then one day one of them flipped, but the other one didn't, so he looked kind of goofy. The other one flipped a few days later, which I think made him even cuter.


No comments: