Sunday, May 21, 2006

eavesdropping

I always eavesdrop on people, like when we're out to eat. I don't know why...I guess I just like to hear what other people are up to. Sometimes I hear things and think "I can't believe they're talking about that in public!", like they should be careful of all the nosey people out there like me.

So tonight we were out and Seth said he had to go poop, but he can't go when we're not at "home" (which for tonight was the hotel), so then Chappie and I started talking about how WE wished we could go, and I said that I did this morning when everyone was sleeping.

It wasn't till later that I thought "holy shit, what if somebody was LISTENING?" and I was totally horrified at myself, lol. Like people at the Original Steakhouse Sports Theater need to know our entire family's pooping issues.

And the thing is, we usually don't even talk about that stuff. We have a most definite closed door pooping policy in our house. I don't need to see my husband taking a crap. I really, really don't. As soon as my kids can reasonably fend for themselves, I'm OUT.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Somehow I joined a family where pooping is a team sport. I have to sneak around to get my alone time.

Here's hoping no one heard you. :)

Lisa said...

LOL. what a riot. im also a HUUUUUGE public evesdropper. somethings john will ask why im not talking and its cause im immersed in the conversation behind me... about this crazy families pooping issues! LOL!!!!