Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ok, I need to get on board

Every year, no, every season change actually, I lament the fact that stores put things out for the next season months in advance, and when the season actually arrives (which is hugely variable in Michigan) there is nothing left. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, and try to get the things I need before I actually need them, but it is just not in my nature.

So it snowed last week, right? Up until that very day, we had been having a very nice fall, not cold at all, so I got complacent. Well, even if it had been cold, I probably would have had the same problem. Anyway, on the very day it snowed I packed up the kids and we went to Target to find some hats and mittens that MATCH. Last year Seth went around all winter with unmatching stuff. I'm such a horrible mom. Nothing at Target, but luckily Meijer right next door had some stuff, but barely. I also looked for boots, and there was NOTHING but spiderman boots...I'm saving those for when he realizes he has a choice.

I've looked at EVERY FREAKING STORE for boots, and they're all gone! One snow, and there are NO BOOTS to be found in toddler sizes anywhere within a 60 mile radius. I found some today at Payless, the last two pairs decent looking boots in either of the kids' sizes, so I snatched them up...the lady said they had JUST come in, and they were almost gone! I'm sure they won't fit their little Flintstone feet and I'll be back to square one. The guy at Penny's wasn't sure they were even going to get another shipment of boots. It has snowed one time, and they've already stopped sending the boots.

So next year, the kids are getting boots, hats, mittens, snow pants and coats in AUGUST. But I still refuse to put up my Christmas tree till after Thanksgiving. So there, retailers.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You tell em Tracey! lol. Isnt that the way it is...when you need them...they are no where to be found. But in August the stores are busting with them!

Jill said...

I'm so with you. I can't change either. I can't buy in advance!